While you try your best to avoid electrical problems in your home and office, accidents can still occur. Some people may think that a little spark poses no danger, but even seemingly harmless electrical issues like this shouldn’t be ignored. Electrical mishaps aren’t something to be taken lightly. Otherwise, they can quickly turn into hazardous electrical concerns.
When dealing with electrical emergencies, you should never risk your safety by attempting to solve them by yourself. Electrical repairs are best left to the professionals. That said, you definitely must call a professional electrician in these electrical emergencies.
You experience a sudden power outage in your home while houses in the neighborhood have electricity. Power outages aren’t fun but don’t try to fix the problem by yourself. Whether the problem is with the lighting fixture or a power trip, call a licensed electrician immediately to help you solve the issue.
Blackened Surfaces and Sparks Near an Electric Source
You just plugged a device, but the power outlet suddenly sparked. Or, you experience a mild electric shock on a power source. Take precautions and immediately ring an electrician to sort this problem. Something’s likely wrong with the electrical system in your home or office. Overloaded outlet or faulty electrical wiring can also cause this trouble.
When you switch your lights on or plug an electrical device, you noticed an unpleasant burning odor. Don’t ignore this! There might be a problem with the device that can’t be easily noticed. If you experience this problem, shut the power source at once and call an electrician.
Live Electrical Wires
One of the scariest things to witness is seeing a live electrical wire exposed on a wet surface. Be on alert if you see this. Also, NEVER attempt to touch live wires! Warn anyone passing near the area, and keep yourself away from wet surfaces. Ring the emergency hotline of your local electrical company at once. They have experienced electricians who can handle the job.
Lightning Strikes and Power Surges
Lightning can strike your house or any building and can cause a power surge. Constant power surges can badly affect the steady flow of current in the electrical system. Over time, this can cause damage to electrical devices or cause a fire. If you’re in a building struck by lightning, move out of the premises safely and call an emergency response team who can check for damages and possible fire hazards.
Buzzing or Humming Noise
Buzzing or humming sounds coming from light fixtures, outlets/switches, and circuit breakers can be alarming. It can be caused by faulty electrical installation, loose wires, dimming lights, or an overloaded circuit. These scenarios are fire hazards that require immediate action. Call your local electrical company to avoid serious accidents at home or in the office.
Take immediate action If you experience any of the electrical emergencies mentioned above. Always be on alert, and remember never to take electrical issues lightly nor try fixing them by yourself.